Festive Holiday Salad 🎄🎅🏽
I’m a firm believer that Christmas decor doesn’t belong up until the day after Thanksgiving. I mean, poor Thanksgiving gets lost in the holiday shuffle and is practically packed away before it even begins. That being said, I made this salad today on accident, and it was completely red and green. Which screams Christmas….and here it is mid-November. So excuse me while I blog this total December salad while I sit here in sunny 80 degree San Diego — I just don’t want to forget these ingredients since it’s far too festive and pretty to be forgotten.
- Trader Joe’s power mix (kale, chard, spinach)
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds
- Purple beets (raw or roasted or marinaded)
- Cooked edamame
- Pomegranate seeds
- Shaved Brussels (raw or roasted)
- Red heirloom mini tomatoes
- Broccoli (raw or roasted)
- Red bell pepper (raw or roasted)
- Optional dairy add-on: feta cheese or shaved Parmesan
- Optional protein add-on: egg whites (I usually eat the entire egg but for color purposes, hold the yolk) or cooked chicken, steak, or other meat protein
- Dressing: mix of balsamic vinegar & avocado oil
Enjoy! Ho ho ho!