Birk + Pancake = Birkcake
Its been so much fun being an ambassador for Sealand Birk, [ill touch on this in another blog post soon] a USDA organic, all-natural ‘superwater’ tapped directly from birch trees in Finland. Birk has NO artificial flavoring or additives, and the flavored Birk is flavored with less than 2% organic natural fruit extract. It’s an honor to stand alongside a product & sustainable company I feel 101927% confident representing & love.
That being said, I was so excited to kick off my Sunday morning healthy pancake tradition with Tanner incorporating Birk into my recipe. I love adding blueberries into my pancakes, so naturally used Blueberry Birk 🙂 These gems are DELISH.
Sunday mornings are #betterwithBirk
- 1/2 bottle Blueberry Birk
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or flour substitute, such as coconut flour, quinoa flour, etc.
- 1/4 cup organic, shredded, nsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic, shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 organic egg or [vegan substitute] 1/4 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce or 2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked overnight in Birk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat an electric skillet to 350F
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended and a batter-like consistency forms [add more Birk if batter is too thick; should be able to pour onto skillet]
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to help you measure, or for baby, bite-sized Birkcakes use a tablespoon.
- Spray coconut oil on skillet and pour batter in circles et each side sit about 2 minutes, or until you can smoothly flip to other side. Flip cakes and cook both sizes evenly, until lightly browned
- Remove pancakes and top with fresh berries, Greek yogurt, nut butter, pure maple syrup, or whatever your little heart desires 🙂
From my little Birk Kitchen to yours, enjoy!