<img src=’http://www.findyourinfluence.com/trackrun.aspx?tcode=MTQ3MTktQmVob2xkUG90YXRvZXMtNjYyNC1DLTE’ style=’padding:0px;margin:0px;’ />
Meet Mister Potato. Did you know he provides essential carbohydrates, potassium, and energy?? Potatoes are nutrient-dense complex carbs, and they contain as much, if not more, of several essential vitamins and minerals than spaghetti, brown rice or whole wheat bread (compared on a per-serving basis). Potatoes are an essential staple for performance, energy, and healthy carbs essential for your well-being.
Carbohydrates are a primary fuel for your brain and a key source of energy for muscles, and therefore play an important role for optimal physical and mental performance. Your body’s own stores of carbohydrate are limited and may be depleted – even in a single session of intense and/or prolonged exercise– it’s important to replenish them. A medium (5.3 ounce) skin-on potato contains 26 grams of carbohydrates, so is an incredible source of healthy carbs.
F U N. F A C T S a b o u t p o t a t o e s + p o t a s s i u m
Potatoes have even more potassium than a banana [Potassium is an important electrolyte that aids in muscle, cardiovascular and nervous system function].
- The 2015 Dietary Guidelines mention potassium as an under-consumed nutrient of concern, and recommends consuming foods with the highest level of potassium such as white potatoes.
- A medium (5.3 ounce) skin-on potato contains 620 milligrams of potassium.
- Potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetable
salt + vinegar roasted potatoes
I N G R E D I E N T S :
- 3-4 red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
D I R E C T I O N S :
- Season potatoes with Himalayan pink sea salt, ground black pepper, parsley, minced ginger, apple cider vinegar, and avocado oil.
- Bake at 425 F for 30 minutes.
To perform at your best, put potatoes on your plate.
want more potato knowledge + love?? visit here for more info!