This week, I’m throwing it back to some of my favorite fun and festive recipes from an #upandautumn challenge I hosted two years ago. Thank you to Timehop for reminding me how cute and yummy this Frankenstein smoothie is! Your little(s) will love it too!
Frankenstein’s Green with Envy Mint Chocolate Chip Shake
- 1 large handful fresh, organic spinach
- 3-4 drops mint peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup soaked (overnight) cashews, drained
- 1-2 cups organic + unsweetened coconut, almond, or cashew milk
- 1/2 frozen banana and/or 1/4 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs or Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or raw, local honey
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Optional dairy: add 1/4 cup coconut, Greek, or whole yogurt
- Optional extra protein: add scoop of your preferred vegan protein powder (may need to add 1/4 cup water)
Add all ingredients in a blender, blend,
serve and enjoy!
Tip: turn into a milkshake!!! After blending all
ingredients, let sit in the freezer for about 1 hour for
a frosty mint shake! You can also pour “batter” into
ice cubes until all the way frozen, then add more
coconut milk and re-blend, or add all blended
ingredients into an ice-cream maker.