Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Que Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes”, throw on a cute apron, and get mixing’ in the kitchen with this family favorite healthy pancake recipe.
I had ripe bananas & I’m not a huge fan of banana bread, so wanted to come up with something to get rid of them while sneaking nutrients into my new-found toddler’s picky eating habits. For my little guy I made a bunch of mini bite-sized cakes, and they were a huge hit!
CHOCOLATE BANANA PANCAKES
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat U.S. flour
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tablespoons organic cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon milled, organic chia seeds
- 1/2 ripe organic banana
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons cup organic coconut sugar or 100% pure, organic maple syrup
- Spray coconut oil
- Optional toppings: all-natural nut butter, Greek yogurt, fruit, maple syrup, etc.
- Electric skillet
- Plug in electric skillet and heat to 350 degrees F
- In large mixing bowl, mash banana with coconut milk and egg [I use a potato masher]
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly until batter reaches a semi-pourable consistency. If batter is on the dry side, add a little more coconut milk or another egg
- Spray skillet with coconut oil
- Use a small measuring cup to pour bite-sized [or adult-sized] circles onto skillet
- After about 1 minute or when batter can lift cleanly off surface, flip pancakes onto other side
- Continue flipping back and forth until both sides are cooked evenly, without burning
- Serve and enjoy with your choice of toppings!