Leftover Turkey? Try This!
I have a confession: My name is Shelley and I dislike leftovers.
I know, I know….sorry I’m not sorry, I’m just not a fan. So I have to get creative and sneak any leftovers in my fridge into new, reinvented dishes, like this Turkey Salad.
Open your fridge…do you have leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Are you about to turn into a turkey yourself if you make one more sandwich or Thanksgiving plate three days in a row? Thinking about getting back on track with clean eating before the Christmas madness?!
If you answered yes to any of those questions and are a fan of chicken salad, keep reading…Prep this clean turkey salad for your lunch tomorrow or for the week ahead. It’s flavor-packed and won’t leave you tossing turkey you can’t bare to stare at anymore.
- 1/4 organic green apple, cubed (small)
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, mayo, or 1/4 avocado (mashed)
- 1/2 avocado, cubed (unless making night before; add this day-of before eating)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 shakes curry powder (optional)
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1 celery stock, diced
- 1/4 cup red grapes, largely diced
- 2-3 slices of cucumber, cubed
- 3 large slices of turkey, cubed
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Store or serve and enjoy as a sandwhich, lettuce wraps, with bell peppers or other veggies!
Looking for other leftover turkey ideas? It’s a family tradition of ours to make turkey enchiladas and turkey taco soup. Hope these inspire you to get creative with your leftovers 🙂