Spicy BBQ Burgs
Sometimes you just crave a burger…and BBQ sauce…and big, crispy onion rings and cheddar cheese. I had a couple huge cheat days this week, I mean month, so decided to hold the deep fried deliciousness and cheese and go for a healthier BBQ burger alternative. If you like a kick and like a good burger, this one’s for you!
Clearly you can still add a bun to these if you desire!
- 1lb. Lean ground turkey or chicken
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Few shakes of pepper, paprika, Felix powder, salt, or hamburger seasoning
- 3 shakes Ranch Flavor God seasoning
- 1/4 cup spicy BBQ sauce or my clean BBQ sauce + a teaspoon of Sriracha
- 1 egg (optional to help bind)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl & mix by hand
- Shape into burger patties
- Add to a warm skillet or grill and cook about 4 minutes per side, flipping until no longer pink & meets recommended cooking temperatures
- Remove & serve!