Two things I love – pasta and Alfredo sauce. Too bad when you hit 25+ all things go down hill with the “I can eat whatever I want phase.” So, meet Zoodles, which you’ve surely heard about unless you’ve have blinders on throughout the whole clean-eating movement and sliralizer phenomenon.
Warm summer nights leave me wanting to eat light, fresh dishes, so this evening Tanner had spaghetti and meatballs while I swapped noodles for Zoodles and spaghetti sauce for a lighter seasoned and ‘sauceless’ version, veggie ‘alfredo’ Zoodles. Alfredo in quotation marks, as this dish is anything but an unhealthy cream sauce…
Veggie ‘Alfredo’ Zoodles
- Two large organic zucchinis, washed (optional, peeled)
- 1 small box organic mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, washed
- Steak seasoning
- Ranch Flavor God
- Avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut cream
- Optional, add turkey meatballs
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside
- In large frying pan, add a teaspoon of avocado oil, teaspoon of steak seasoning, and two shakes of flavor God.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms, sautéing until brown
- Once broccoli is al-dente, add zucchini and sauté about three minutes, or until Zoodles are aldente.
- Add two teaspoons ranch flavor God and 3 tablespoons coconut cream and mix everything together until Zoodles are coated evenly in “sauce”
- Serve and enjoy! Optional, add turkey meatballs or chicken