Summer means backyard gardens and fresh fruits and veggies from your harvest. My tomatoes are still blossoms, and I can’t wait for them to grow, but these organic beauties from Trader Joe’s were the next best thing I could find for now. Now, the basil? That’s from my beautiful basil plant. All you need are a couple more staples, and this caprese pizza is all yours! Fresh, healthy, and satisfying.
Healthy Caprese Pizza
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large basil leaves, torn or sliced into small pieces
- 2 slices of fresh mozerella (or leave out of dairy free)
- Homemade Tzaziki or store-bought (I love Trader Joe’s or making it myself with a dairy-free yogurt)
- Black pepper to taste
- Thick whole wheat wrap (I used the “middle eastern style” from Trader Joe’s; it was thick like thin pizza crust
- Add a layer of Tzaziki to wrap
- Layer mozerella cheese, tomatoes, and basil
- Top with fresh ground black pepper
- Enjoy with a knife and a fork, or wrap up into a taco and chow down!
- Bon appetite!