When I had shingles last month, I had to get all my labs drawn. Turns out I’m oddly really low in potassium and Vitamin D (which makes zero sense since I eat a million smoothies with bananas, and live in sunny Encinitas). My doctor’s orders to raise my potassium levels was to 1. Eat more bananas and 2. Eat more potatoes.
Not normally a potato fan, I decided to make them cheesy, because who doesn’t like cheesy potatoes?! There are plenty of dairy-free cheese options these days, too, which is a great substitute to the cheese portions in this recipe.
I know my posts are normally about clean eating and healthy recipes, but…YOLO.
Roasted + Cheesy Red Potatoes
serves about four
- 4 medium to large sized organic red potatoes, washed and scrubbed and cubed
- 5 tablespoons avocado oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup organic shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons ground Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Ranch Flavor God
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Garlic + Herb Rondele
- Optional: one leaf fresh basil, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Add all ingredients (except Rondele) to a large bowl and toss until evenly coated
- On a nontick pan or baking sheet lined with parchment paper (that can handle broiling temps) or nonstick tin foil, add an even layer of potatoes
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and toss in Rondele
- Add back to pan, and bake again for 5 minutes
- Let cool and serve. These are amazing with my Jackson Hole Chicken and Sassy and Sweet Brussels Sprouts without the meat options (I apologize for the outdated photos on those old but fav recipes!)