Jackson Hole Chicken
My mom, sister and I named this recipe “Jackson Hole Chicken,” because it reminds us of our favorite vacation spot, and has been adapted from Rebecca Wood’s original recipe in Jackson Hole Cooks! (which is one of my favorite cookbooks).
JACKSON HOLE CHICKEN
- 1 package organic, boneless chicken cutlets (or chicken breast cut into cutlets)
- 1 cup Italian Herb Panko or plain panko
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or butter or avocado oil)
- 1/2-1 cup shredded four-cheese Italian blend or shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese [or leave out if dairy free]
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or dry champagne
- 2/3 cup dijon mustard
- Sprayable coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees
- While oven is preheating, combine mustard & wine in a small bowl
- Combine parmesan cheese, panko, and melted coconut oil in a second bowl
- Spray a baking sheet or pan with coconut oil or line pan with foil, then spray coconut oil
- Dip each cutlet in the mustard batter, then coat with the panko mix
- Place each cutlet on baking dish
- Place dish in oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cooking time will vary depending on size of chicken and oven.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
*TIP to complete the dish – I LOVE making this with grilled asparagus and Jackson Hole Cooks! Golden Parmesan Potatoes. Potatoes are a great source of potassium and not something you should ever feel bad about eating. Let’s vote for more carbs in 2020…
If you love hearty, homestyle cooking, you can order your own copy of Jackson Hole Cooks! here. It looks like this:
Please tag me on Insta or reach out via DM if you try this, or to share your favorite chicken recipe!