My neighbor and I decided it’s time to detox away our shenanigans, so this entire week we’re following (and being guinea-pig testers) of a new healthy eating 5-day plan by Seashells and Sit Ups.
Today, Monday, was day one, and the dinner menu was healthy lettuce wraps. I was just expecting them to be okay since I was keeping this extremely simple and affordable (the goal of the 5 day detox), but HOLY COW, I was actually really surprised with how delish they turned out. So, I’ll share with you, because you need them in your weekly dinner menu, stat.
Not to toot our own menu planning horn, but TOOT TOOT. These babies are amaze.
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (for quinoa) + 1 tablespoon avocado oil (for veggies)
- 1 teaspoon liquid coconut aminos (soy-free soy sauce alternative)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 chicken breast or chicken cutlet, sautéed in avocado oil and onion powder
- Dash of onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded broccoli, carrots, and cabbage mixture (can find the pre-sliced bags that people add to coleslaw, etc).
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of healthy teriyaki sauce
- Optional: 1 tablespoon water chestnuts, chopped
- Optional toppings: avocado + sriracha
- Add 2 cups of water to a pan and bring to a boil, then add dry quinoa + 1 tablespoon avocado oil and cook for 15 minutes, lightly covered, until quinoa is fully cooked
- In a large pan, add diced veggies (bell pepper, mushrooms, onion), and sauté with 1 tablespoon avocado oil until lightly browned.
- Add onion + garlic powder
- Add diced, cooked chicken and broccoli slaw to pan
- Mix everything together, then add coconut aminos, optional soy sauce, and blend.
- Add toasted sesame seeds to veggies + chicken
- Add 1/4 cup of the quinoa to veggie + chicken mixture and blend (save the remaining quinoa as leftovers for the rest of the 5-day detox plan).
- Remove from pan and spoon servings into dried butter lettuce leaves
- Top with sliced avocado and sriracha (if you want a little kick; or you can add a hot pepper to the veggie mix)
- Serve and enjoy!
want more from the 5-day detox recipes? comment below, or let me know on Insta!