When it comes to craving comfort, whether it’s due to a rainy day, a sickness, a stressful or nerve-racking time, etc…your belly needs something gentle yet full of vitamins, minerals, warmth, and love. And a whole lot of it. This veggie-packed bone broth soup will help heal the soul and the bod, whether it needs a little TLC or not.
Rainy Day (or Any Day)
Healing Bone Broth Soup
- 2 cups sticky white rice, brown rice, or rice noodles (or gluten free noodles), cooked
- 2 packages of organic chicken bone broth (if vegan or vegetarian, use veggie stock)
- 1 large head of organic broccoli, washed and chopped
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, washed and chopped
- 4 large organic carrots or 2 cups organic baby carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 large organic zucchini
- 1/2 small organic onion, chopped large, or 2 tablespoons dried + chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: 2-3 heads of organic + non-GMO corn, cooked and kernels removed from head of corn (or use frozen)
- 6 tablespoons gluten free Tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small bundle organic parsley, chopped
- 1 small bundle organic basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Optional: add cooked protein of choice (chicken, pork, beef, bacon, tofu, Tempe, etc.)
- Optional: fried egg
- Steam carrots, broccoli, and corn until al dente
- In a large pot, bring bone broth to a slow simmer. Add Tamari if choosing to do so.
- If adding protein, add now
- Add herbs and seasonings to broth (leaving our basil and parsley)
- In a large pan, add all veggies + avocado oil + pinch of each seasonings you added to broth and sauté until slightly browned (but not over-cooked)
- When veggies are done, add to broth
- Add your starch of choice (rice or noodles)
- Simmer on low for a half hour
- Serve into bowls and top with fresh basil and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- If adding fried egg, top bowl with fried egg
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea and eat up!