I made this for Tanner when I was fed up with trying to come up with another inspiring new dinner idea, wanted to make something in like 5 minutes max, and didn’t have any Annie’s mac-n-cheese in my cupboards.
I looked through my fridge and played I Spy….when I spotted all kinds of cheese and thought like a drunk college student for a minute….ah ha, mac-n-cheese, of course!
The best part? When you pre-cook the noodles ahead of time, this recipe literally, I kid you not, takes under 2 minutes. Yep. #truth
Because, some nights, whether you’re a full-time working mama or full-time stay-at-home mama (because we all know that IS a real job…), we are just too tired and too busy to whip up a roasted chicken with colorful, broiled veggies with a reduction sauce made for hours with TLC (Sorry, Great Grandma, this isn’t the 50s and we say – I just can’t deal with that during the work week). But, if someone has time to make one, please feel free to deliver…
- 1/4 cup pre-cooked whole wheat, gluten-free, or any pasta noodles of choice, in any shape! (like, make these the night before so this recipe will literally take you under 2 minutes!)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese (or use a dairy-free whipped “cream cheese”)
- 2 tablespoons organic cheddar cheese or any cheese blend, shredded (if you’re making this for you instead of your toddler, try adding goat cheese. If you need it to be dairy-free, use a shredded “cheese”)
- 2 tablespoons organic whole milk (dairy-free? use unsweetened almond, cashew, or hemp milk)
- Optional: sneak in all kinds of veggies and/or protein like peas, broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts, bacon, chicken, ham turkey, etc.
- In a small saucepan, add cooked noodles and warm pan + noodles (no oil or butter needed, unless you want to add some; I’d recommend ghee or avocado oil).
- When noodles have warmed slightly, add cream cheese and stir.
- Add in milk, adding more if you need to make it creamier.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until a creamy “sauce” is made.
- Optional: add salt and pepper to taste; top with chives and parsley!
- Serve immediately and enjoy when cooled off enough for those little tastebuds!