Homemade Blueberry FroYo
If you follow my Instagram you know last night I was on a nicecream roll with my favorite Christmas present ever, my Ninja. Sweet tooth was more like sweet teeth, and I couldn’t get enough! In all my experimenting, this afternoon I made blueberry froyo with my vanilla nice cream. OMG. It’s a MUST TRY. You can totally sub the blueberries for any other kind of fruit, too, I just had a freshly frozen bag of organic blueberries in my freezer I wanted to dabble with.
It’s a wild and crazy Sunday evening here at 10pm, so I’ll cut right to the chase…the recipe! Enjoy!
Blueberry Bliss Healthy FroYo
- Unsweetened, organic almond milk [2 1/4 cups]
- 100% pure vanilla extract [1 1/2 teaspoons]
- Coconut sugar [3 tablespoons]
- Salt [2 pinches]
- Frozen blueberries or fruit of choice [1/2 cup]
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/8th-1/4th avocado (trust me!)
- Optional: Fresh fruit of choice & sprinkles as toppings 🙂
DAY BEFORE PREP:
- Mix milk [2 cups], vanilla, sugar & salt in Ninja/Vitamix/blender and blend until sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze overnight or until frozen solid
WHEN READY TO EAT:
- Add “ice” cubes into Ninja/Vitamix/blender
- Add 1/4 cup almond milk
- Add frozen banana and frozen fruit of choice
- Add Greek yogurt [if dairy free, leave out and add more milk]
- Add avocado
- Blend everything until perfect fro-yo constancy is reached. If you’re using a regular blender and have to add more liquid to get everything smooth, add more milk. You can pour everything into a bowl and add to freezer for a bit if you need to harden it longer. When using a Ninja or Vitamix you should be able to achieve perfect FroYo consistency without adding additional liquid.
- Scoop out mixture, place into bowl, and serve! Top with fresh fruit and sprinkles, and enjoy immediately.
I LOVE seeing you guys try my recipes! It makes my day! I don’t always see all my Instagram notifications, so if you try something, let’s try something new – check-in adding the hashtag #seashellsandsitupsYUM to your creations with @tiu_shelley & I’ll cross my fingers (and toes!) that helps me connect with my readers! 🙂
Sweet dreams, and wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!