Stuffed peppers are probably one of my favorite ‘I’m-in-a-hurry-and-don’t-want-to-cook-but-need-to-eat” meals. I have a few other delish recipes here, but this one is brand new.
My local grocery store sells a few steam able quinoa bags found in the freezer section, and boy oh boy, are they a lifesaver! I recently stumbled upon a Mediterranean bag and I’m in love. It’s so tasty and the perfect side – or in this case – stuffing. In case you don’t have a store that carries anything like this, I’m breaking it down [and cleaning it up]! Enjoy!
MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED PEPPERS
- 2 bell peppers, any color, sliced in half & washed.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 6 cherry tomatoes, washed & sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, diced
- 4 chicken-apple, hormone & nitrate-free sausages
- Optional: shredded Italian-cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper, or Spicy Flavor God to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook quinoa, whether you’re using a stovetop or steam able, microwavable bag
- In a large skillet, cook chicken sausage with onion
- When cooked all the way through, add spinach, cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt & pepper to taste, or use Flavor God or Mrs. Dash of choice
- When quinoa is finished cooking, add to chicken sausage mixture, and mix everything together.
- Add feta cheese and mix.
- Add ‘stuffing’ into each half bell pepper. Pack down to get as much as you can into each slice
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese & bake for about 15-20 minutes
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy! I love these paired with salad, fruit salad, or my brussels [without the meat] recipe!