A few weeks ago, i went rogue with my oven, and made three recipes up as i went along in my instagram story. These have been the most requested, by a landslide, so thanks for your patience as I finally got these delish little gems onto my blog!
From my kitchen to yours, i hope you love these as much as Tan and I do!
Healthy Banana Nut Butter Baked Brekkie Cookies
- 2 very ripe organic bananas
- 3 tablespoons organic nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 2 cups organic rolled oats (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup gluten free or whole grain baking flour
- 1/2 cup Lactose-free vanilla yogurt or healthy yogurt of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips like Enjoy Life
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon honey or 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- Optional: add collagen like Vital Proteins for extra health and beauty boost!
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mash banana
- Add nut butter and stir until well blended
- Add yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, and applesauce and mix together
- Add dry ingredients and mix until batter-like consistency forms
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Shape batter into 1-2″ balls and place on parchment paper
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until Center is soft but fully cooked
- Best served warm, so let cool and enjoy!
- I stored the extras immediately in a freezer-safe container. Then, when i want a few, i grab them, place them on a plate or a paper towel, and microwave for about 20 seconds or until warm and gooey but not burnt.