When it comes to eating healthy, I already avoid dairy 98% of the time due to autoimmune and GI symptoms from Endometriosis, so I follow a Whole 30 / Paleo lifestyle naturally majority of the time. That being said, I found avoiding gluten completely did NOT agree with my body or soul, and cutting it out completely made me look and feel extremely fatigued, too skinny, unhealthy, and like a zombie. So, this year, I want you to “detox the detox” as my friend Cahill said…what do we mean? Stop jumping on the first diet bandwagon. Stop listening to people on social media who have no background in nutrition or who aren’t registered dietitians.
One of my favorite Instagram mamas is @shutthekaleup because she preaches eating REAL WHOLE FOODS. She doesn’t cut out food groups just because it’s “cool.” She doesn’t advertise workout fads or hypes for a paycheck. She keeps is real; real honest, real cooking and real feelin’ good – that’s a human i admire and adore.
ANYWAY! Since dairy does not agree with my health issues, and i know many of you are lactose intolerant, have endo/autoimmune, or avoid dairy for other health or personal reasons, I GOT YOU with this “ranch” paleo chicken salad recipe. From my kitchen to yours, i hope you love it as much as we do! And if you can eat dairy and worship allllll things cheesy and fab, slap a piece on your sandwich for me 😉
- 1 organic green apple, chopped into small chunks
- 1/3 cup organic red grapes, chopped into fourths
- 3 tablespoons paleo mayo (primal kitchen or chosen foods) OR use a mix of avocado, avocado oil, and vinegar to make a “dressing”
- 1/8 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons organic dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons organic dried parsley
- 1 cup cubed organic rotisserie chicken
- Organic group pepper to taste
- 4 stalks organic green onion, sliced (or 1-2 tablespoons dried chives)
- 3 organic stalks of celery, sliced small
- Add chicken, fruits, and veggies into a large mixing bowl and stir
- Add all spices and coat evenly
- Add mayo or avocado dressing (i only suggest making this and using it same-day; mayo holds for about 4 days where avocado dressing needs to be used the day you make it). Coat chicken mix and refrigerate overnight. You can also leave out mayo and use dry atop salad or wrap! Add avocado for moisture or dressing.
- Serve and enjoy on whole grain / sprouted bread, a wrap, atop a salad, etc!
Share with me on Instagram if you make any of my recipes by tagging me at @saltysweetseasons xoxo