Dusting this post out of the archives. I wrote this when Tanner was just a few months old, highlighting my favorite skincare line, Eminence. I absolutely LOVE this product line. Here’s why…
“She’s a skin angel, and I was soon saved.”
You know, only an hour or so of sleep for a few months straight catches up on you….QUICK. With a baby that doesn’t nap OR sleep through the night (I know, I know, I need to read “Baby Wise”, but who has time to read with an infant?!) my skin was suddenly taking a turn for the worst. I remember the lighting in our bathroom showed all these tiny wrinkles I have never spotted before, and the bags under my eyes were getting harder and harder to cover up. The foundation battle my fine lines and black and blue eyes were up against was spiraling. I knew it was time to call in the big guns – my sister – who is a Spa Coordinator at Hotel Terra, a high-end eco/lead-certified hotel in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. She’s a skin angel, and I was soon saved.
She started by asking what scents I preferred, if I was looking for coverage with sunscreen, night cream, day cream, etc., etc. Some of the lingo was totally foreign to me, so she explained what certain things were for and sent me some samples. I decided I wanted a light day cream with an SPF since we do a lot of outdoor activities living in Carlsbad, an age-defying night cream, and something to help tighten my skin aka make me not feel like I have a “mom” face. I mean, I’m not even 30 yet and just feel TIRED. And I look tired. Exhausted. Pooped. Like I got run over by a truck. Going on seven months of a still almost napless baby who continues to wake 2 or 3 times through the night means I’m just that…SO TIRED!
Physically I finally feel like a human again (that started after about 4-5 months), and thanks to my sissy & her recommendations of Eminence skin care, my face does too. Here are my favs!
Bamboo Firming Liquid
Strawberry Rhubarb Defoliant
Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer
Monoi Age Corrective Night Cream for the Face & Neck
Red Currant Protective Moisturizer, SPF 30
All Eminence’s products are GLUTEN FREE anddddd VEGAN. Besides loving Eminence’s skincare line because of its performance on my skin, the company itself is pretty amazing. They’re a green company “committed to finding organic, Earth-friendly solutions in every aspect of our business” [Eminence, 2015]. Some of the ways they are doing that are listed below [taken directly from Eminence’s website]:
- Ingredient farms in Hungary are powered by solar and wind energy
- Geothermal heating in our laboratory
- Natural compost during planting
- Planting and harvesting is conducted manually to decrease CO2 emissions
- Use of only natural plant preservation techniques
- Products are handmade without severe heating or hydrogenating processes that can affect the nutritional content and potency of natural ingredients
- Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, and seeds, pulps and peels impart regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce
- Free of parabens, animal by-products, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals
- All boxes are made from post-consumer recycled material and can be recycled
- Containers are made out of recycled, non-toxic plastic and are recyclable
- All packing boxes are reused or recycled
- Packing chips are made of 100% biodegradable corn that dissolves harmlessly in water
- Eco-friendly software system means less printed invoices
- Electricity usage is offset with wind power credits and solar panels on the roof
- Letterhead printed on post-consumer recycled paper using vegetable-based inks
- All paper used in the office is recycled
- Office space is designed as an eco-alternative building
TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION
- Courier company uses hybrid vehicles
- Large shipments are sent on trucks running biodiesel made from recycled household vegetable oil
- Products are shipped by air with Lufthansa – the leading airline in the fight against climate change
- 97% of employees walk, bike or take public transit to work
Eminence also has a pretty impressive resume of certifications and memberships. “Becoming an organic, sustainable company takes hard work. At Éminence, we’ve earned numerous certifications that recognize our commitment to organic agriculture and wonderful spa experiences” [Eminence, 2015].
A leading global standard committed to recognizing organic agriculture.
Demeter is a certifying body for products from Biodynamic® Agriculture. All products are subject to a strict and comprehensive verification process.
ORGANIC TRADE ASSOCIATION
A membership-based business association that promotes and protects organic trade.
ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth.
The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program administers a cruelty-free standard and the internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo for companies producing cosmetic, personal care, and household products that are cruelty free.
FSC CERTIFIED PRINTING METHODS
FSC is an international certification and labeling system dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests.
GREEN SPA PROGRAM
The Green Spa Program was created by Éminence to encourage our partners to do more in their spas and salons.
Green Spa Program
I hope you feel beautiful today.
What are you favorite skin products? If you try Eminence or any of these products, let me know what you think! Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief she is beautiful. So why not use a skin line that helps your skin feel as beautiful as your soul 🙂