Fall can be felt, seen, smelled, and enjoyed. All of those things ring true with this hearty, delicious, festive recipe. Not only will it make your taste buds dance, it will fill your belly with love, and make your house smell divine as well!
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy this tasty oatmeal filled with fall spices + joy. Oh and PS – even if you’re not a fan of oatmeal, you can enjoy these delicious apples that would be magical over vanilla ice cream, atop yogurt, or folded into pie crust or a strudel. Just slice the apple instead of cubing it 😉
Apple Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1 large organic apple, washed and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal; steel cut or rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk or water
- If desired – add 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree to oatmeal
- Add coconut oil to medium-sized skillet and warm
- Add cubed apples and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Remove apples and set aside in a bowl, leaving pan on low
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice to apples; tossing until evenly coated. Feel free to add more or less spice as desired. This is YOUR dish
- Cook oatmeal
- Add apples back to pan, stirring occasionally to avoid buying or sticking to pan
- Once oatmeal is cooked add coconut milk or water, and the same spices you added to apples; 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice to apples; stirring into oatmeal until blended and smooth. Feel free to add more or less spice as desired.
- If you’re craving even more pumpkin flavoring, add 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree to oatmeal; blend
- Continue sautéing or “baking” apples until a nice sticky caramelization occurs from the sugar + spices
- Remove caramelized apples from pan and add atop oatmeal.
- Stir together and enjoy!
- HAPPY FALL