When it comes to Sunday mornings with Tanner, we love to take it slow; slow cooking in the kitchen, slow to get dressed, slow to turn off music or the TV, and slow to get out of bed and end snuggle time. Since I co-parent, that means every other Sunday Tanner is with his dad, so I truly cherish our “slow” Sundays after a really long work week and a Saturday that went by way too fast.
So, today, I asked what he wanted for breakfast, and he said, “CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!” Admittingly, I forgot to add chocolate chips to the first batch 🙈, so these are delish with or without choco chips! Hope you enjoy this new recipe as much as we did!
Gluten-Free Sunday Morning Healthy Berry Pancakes
- 1 C gluten free baking flour
- 1 C gluten free oats
- 1 C coconut cream
- 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla coconut + almond milk blend
- 1/4 C fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Chosen Foods avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Bee Keeper’s raw honey
- 3/4 C coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 C fresh blueberries and blackberries
- Optional, 2 tablespoons Enjoy Life chocolate chips [dark or semi-sweet]
- Using an electric skillet, heat to 250 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix
- Add wet ingredients into bowl and mix everything together
- Add fresh fruit to batter and mix until well blended. If adding chocolate chips, add now, or, only add to half the batter after making half the pancakes first without
- Spray skillet with coconut oil
- Using a spoon, spoon about 1/4 C servings of batter onto warmed skillet
- Flip pancakes about every minute, or until sides are lightly browned
- Continue flipping pancakes until cooked all the way through, and serve!
- E N J O Y
Wow pancake cravings right now!