I have been searching for a clean cornbread recipe, and haven’t found one I’m totally over the moon about yet. So when I don’t find something, I make it. I literally can’t stop daydreaming about pairing this with my chicken tortilla soup.
I’m adapting Taste of Home’s “Buttery Corn Bread Recipe” into a clean version….because I’m trying to save myself from the guilt of eating the whole pan of my favorite cornbread out of the real, buttery, sugary, non-TIU approved delicious sounding version by Taste of Home, or my other personal favorite, the cornbread-out-of-the-bag by Marie Calendars! muahaha. Okay, back on topic, and your Ten Day Trim approved corn bread….
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, softened to the consistency of butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetned almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 1/3 cups organic coconut flour or organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Local raw honey
- Spray coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, “cream” coconut oil and coconut sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and almond milk to oil + sugar mixture
- In separate bowl, combine coconut/wheat flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt
- Combine all ingredients
- Mix until batter consistency
- Spray a13x9-in. baking pan with spray coconut oil
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into middle of pan
- Cut into squares; serve warm.
- Top each piece with a drizzle of honey…mmmm. Best part!!
Find original [buttery, sugary, non-TIU approved delicious sounding!] recipe from Taste of Home here.