My [clean] milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard,
and they’re like
it’s better than ____’s,
Damn right, it’s better than hers,
I can teach you,
and I won’t charge…
I’m a late-night snacker since Tanner hasn’t been going to bed until nearly 9pm. He used to be in bed by 7, which meant I pretty much had 7-10pm uninterrupted as ‘mama zen’ time. Now, I’m lucky if I even get any peace and quite before 10pm. (hence this post happening at nearly midnight). That being said, I’ve tried to clean up my cravings, so I can still go to bed without starving, yet not sacrificing some of my favorite treats….cough, chocolate, cough, ice cream, cough…sweets. #eatingcleanfordirtydessert
That being said, I LOVE milkshakes. and love them even more when they don’t go to my a$$. And is anything better than something that tastes like a peppermint truffle?! NO. So if you like chocolate, peppermint, and milkshakes….you will LOVE this. If you don’t like chocolate, or peppermint, you can easily adapt this.
- 2 cups non-GMO, organic (whenever possible) Cashew milk, homemade or store-bought (unsweetned)
- 2 tablespoons organic, non-GMO Coconut Sugar
- 1 organic vanilla bean, seeded (use the seeds not the skin)
- 2-3 drops organic peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons organic, non-GMO cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 organic avocado
- Optional: colored sprinkles
- If serving instantly: 5 ice cubes
- In a blender, such as the Ninja pro, add all ingredients
- Blend on high until everything is well blended.
- If serving immediately, add 5 ice cubes, serve and enjoy.
- If prepping, freeze for about 2-3 hours in ice cube trays or a blender cup attachment, until mixture is almost frozen, but you can still mix it
- Add “ice” cubes back into blender, with a little more cashew milk and blend until smooth. Or, pop blender cup back into blender and blend until smooth
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
View more recipes and fitness inspo @seashellsandsitups on Instagram!
Oh wow it looks so delicious!! ❤