I was sitting here trying to come up with a name for these oats…strawberries & cream, peaches & cream, berries & cream, summer cream…then I realized that sounded too dirty, but I liked the word summer since it’s using summer fruits, so summer dream stuck, and here we gooo…
Melody [@melody.tiu] via Instagram challenged me to make strawberry flavored goodies since she’s not a chocolate fan [gasp!!]. So I sat in my kitchen contemplating recipes, and overnight oats were on my list, because I’m newly obsessed with them. Limited ingredients + inexpensive + virtually no prep + win, win, WIN.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did, as they’re perfect to kick off a warm summer morning, without the guilt.
SUMMER DREAM OVERNIGHT OATS
- I use a mason jar to prep these
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-1 cup cashew milk
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 1/4-1/2 peach, diced
- 1 tablespoon raw, local honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: extra sliced/diced strawberries, nectarines, peaches, or blueberries to add as topping
- In glass mason jar, or other similar prep-container, pour cup of oats
- Add in sliced fruit, honey, and vanilla extract
- Pour in cashew milk [add until oats and fruit are perfectly covered]
- Add lid of mason jar and shake well, until add ingredients seem well blended
- Place in refrigerator, and keep there overnight
- In the morning, remove kid of mason jar, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
- Optional: Add extra sliced/diced strawberries, nectarines, peaches, or blueberries as a topping