Peanut Butter? Check. Chocolate? Check. Both sneaking their way into a healthy breakfast combo good enough to taste like a Reeces? Check, check.
My friend Natalie is a smokin’ hot mama and Crossfit babe, who eats super clean, following a diet similar to Paleo. She always posts pictures of her overnight oats in an almost-empty peanut butter jar, and I was inspired to FINALLY try my own first overnight oat recipe (ever!) I know, a total disgrace! I’m just not a huuuuuge oatmeal fan because of the texture, but holy sh&^, this recipe was everything. A total experiment from what I had in my pantry, will be here to stay.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, or combo of steel cut oats + rolled oats
- An almost-empty peanut butter jar (or a tablespoon of peanut butter)
- 1/2-1 cup coconut, cashew, or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Optional: add 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or
- (In the AM): Sliced bananas
- Add rolled oats to jar of peanut butter
- Add remaining dry ingredients
- Pour milk overtop
- Put lid back on PB jar and shake up, mixing well
- Put jar in fridge and let sit overnight
- In the morning, open lid and enjoy right out of the jar! Stir oats together to mix flavors. Or scoop out oats mixture into bowl and stir.
- Optional: Add sliced bananas on top and/or drizzle with raw, local honey