I want to thank Nekter Juice Bar’s protein drink and the bag of frozen peaces in the freezer for the inspiration of this gem. It’s nearing the end of the week, so I’m running low on all my fresh groceries. I’m out of bananas, yogurt, and a ton of other staples that I usually love as clean-eating snacks.
When I opened the fridge, I spotted about 1/4 of a Nekter juice left, a bag of carrots, an open can of crushed pineapples, and a nectarine that ended up being un-ripe. So then I moved on to the freezer and spotted mangos and peaches, and this drink dawned on me. The perfect blend of sweet with a hint of spice, and this smoothie is creamy and delish, and a summertime staple!
- 6-8 frozen peach slices
- 1/4 cup frozen mangoes
- 3/4 cup coconut or cashew milk [or 1 cup Nekter Juice Bar’s Protein drink]
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed OJ
- Splash of original Sealand Birk
- 1 pinch nutmeg [leave out if using Nekter Juice Bar’s Protein drink]
- 1 pinch cinnamon [leave out if using Nekter Juice Bar’s Protein drink]
- 2 pitted dates [leave out if using Nekter Juice Bar’s Protein drink]
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 5 baby carrots [I’m the Instagram secret answer!]
- Rolled oats (as topping or blend in – not pictured) or a tiny handful of cashews
- If you have, use 1/2 frozen banana, or 2 ice cubes, but I made this without and it was fine 🙂
- Optional: add in 1 peach Greek yogurt or 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Add everything to high-powered blender and mix until desired constancy is reached
- Top with rolled oats and serve as smoothie, or add sliced peaches and nectarines and serve as a breakfast bowl. Drizzle raw, local honey on top…mmmm.