Fridays = weekend-eve and what better way to celebrate than pancakes?! I love my healthy flap jacks, and cook them at least 1-2x/week because it’s fun for me to spend the morning in the kitchen with Tanner.
I just posted a triple chocolate GF protein pancake recipe recently, and this one is similar, but slightly different. Enjoy and cheers to the freakin’ weekend!!
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop chocolate Perfect Fit protein
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons original Sealand Birk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raspberries and blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Better Life dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- 3 tablespoons OJ
- A couple pinches of zest from an orange
- Preheat skillet to 325F
- Add all ingredients besides fruit to a blender and mix well.
- When everything is blended, add fruit and gently stir with a spoon to mix into batter
- Spray skillet with coconut oil
- Add about 1/4 cup sized scoops of batter to skillet and cook about 2 minutes per side, flipping when pancake can come off skillet clean
- Cook each side until middle is done and sides are golden brown
- Top with berries or yogurt or syrup and enjoy!