Pink ladies, grannies, McIntosh, OH MY! So many choices, so little time 😉
Apples and fall go together like peanut butter and jelly. Except I’m not a PB&J fan (blame it on the sweet and salty), so apples and peanut butter go together like wine and cheese. I love this snack because the prep takes five seconds – grab an apple, quickly cut it, grab some nut butter, and boom! It’s great to pack in lunch boxes, bring to the beach or a picnic, or serve as a healthy app. But with fall in the air, my apples were craving a dip with a little more umph than just a nut butter alone…
Did you know apples have tons of amazing health benefits?? They should also be one of the produces you always buy organic. Pesticides seep into the skin and are basically a sponge (eek!) So if you don’t have access to organic apples, or are on a really tight budget and just can’t justify the extra cost, PEEL the skin off before eating 🙂 You lose a bit of the nutrients, but also lose majority of the toxins in pesticides soaked into the apple skin.
If you’re looking to spruce up your peanut butter for a yummy fall snack, grab your favorite type of apple and try this pumpkin spice nut butter dip the next time you’re grabbing an apple for a pick-me-up!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted, unsweetened, all-natural cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, unsweetened, all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: if you want this dip even sweeter, add 1/2 tablespoon local, raw, organic honey
- Add all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop onto serving platter or leave on bowl and dip right out of it!
- If looking for another dip option to serve and want to incorporate dairy, try mixing 5 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice seasoning, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pair with the fall nut butter dip and enjoy!
Not a nut butter fan? Try my even quicker favorite “dip” alternative —
- Mix 1 tablespoon coconut sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apple slices in a Tupperware along with sugar+cinnamon dip and toss until slices are evenly coated. For a fall edition, also add 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin spice!