So, I’ve basically been living under a rookie culinary rock the past….lifetime…because I’ve never made my own hummus. I KNOW, shameful for a food + lifestyle blogger. don’t.judge.me.
The only thing that’s ever held me back from making hummus myself is honestly the food processor. I’m still scarred from making a massive batch of cauliflower rice years ago, where the clean up was so horrendous with flying cauliflower everywhere. and my cute little beach shack really lacks storage space, so my 192387 pound food processor is always a hassle to lug out from a super high cabinet. Now that I sound like the laziest person ever, and you know the only thing ever standing in my way from hummus heaven was a kitchen gadget, let’s cut to the chase…this freaking incredibly delicious, flavorful double bean hummus that was a total “let’s just throw this all in” experiment gone right.
Garlic Artichoke Two-Bean Hummus
- 1 can S&W garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can S&W white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup homemade marinaded artichoke hearts (tons of recipes on Google), or two to three (depending how much you like these gems) 6oz marinaded artichoke hearts jars, drained
- 3 fresh basil leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried basil seasoning
- 1/4 cup liquid, non-flavored coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or 1/4 of a lemon, fresh squeezed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground onion powder
- Black pepper to taste
- optional: if serving immediately and not planning to store leftovers, add 1/2 avocado for creaminess
- Add all ingredients to large food processor and blend
- Remove from food processor and add contents into bowl
- Serve with pita chips, fresh veggies, pretzels…anything!
Thank you to S&W Beans for the sponsored white + garbanzo beans