’tis the season for pumpkin spice to move over for Peppermint flavored erryytthhiinnggg.
Tanner and I had a rough week, so we heard homemade donuts make things better, right?
The work week hustle is real; school drop-offs and pick-ups, packing lunches and making breakfast and dinner, bedtimes and bathtime and Christmas concerts and school parties…phew. TGI Saturday.
This new donut recipe is filled with all sorts of healthy ingredients; vital proteins collagen, peppermint tea, organic coconut butter, and love. From our kitchen to yours, we hope you enjoy!
*makes 12 Donuts // need non-stick donut mold
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Redmill organic gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut butter, softened
- 2 flax eggs, 1/2 cup applesauce, or 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Chosen Foods avocado/coconut oil blend
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup organic vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s apple cider vinegar (yes, really)
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure organic peppermint extract for baking
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Flavor God Chocolate glazed donut seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup brewed peppermint tea (warm)
- 1 packer Vital Proteins collagen
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brewed peppermint tea
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix
- In another bowl, add the tea and mix in the collagen
- To the tea, add the almond milk and water and mix
- Add above ingredients to dry ingredients, and add remaining ingredients. Mix everything together until dough-like consistency forms
- Spray donut mold with Chosen Food’s avocado/coconut oil blend
- Spoon batter into donut molds until evenly distributed
- Bake at 400 F for 12-15 minutes, or until moist but cooked
- Remove and let cool for 15-20 minutes
- Frost, decorate, and serve!
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and blend until desired consistency forms
- For thicker frosting, add less liquid
- For thinner frosting, add more liquid