If a pancake could be described as P R E T T Y, then these gems are it. Pink. SUPER healthy. Packed with nutrients [no seriously – you’d never guess the mishmash of bizarre ingredients that make these incredibly amazing for you]…Delish.
Pretty in Pink Healthy Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s red juice [Beet Juice, Cucumber Juice, Celery Juice, Apple Juice, Carrot Juice, Spinach Juice, Ginger Juice].
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Fresh-squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, or about 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 cup gluten free baking flour (I like Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, organic applesauce
- Optional: 1 scoop vegan, non-GMO, organic vanilla protein powder
- Optional if not vegan: 1 egg + 1 scoop About Time protein or pancake mix
- Heat electric skillet to 325-350 degrees F
- In medium sized bowl, add all ingredients except fruit, and mix well, until chunk-free. If too runny, add more four. If too thick, add more juice and/or coconut milk. Once batter is achieved, add fruit and gently mix.
- Spray skillet with coconut oil
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter, and add pancake rounds to skillet
- Cook each side about 1-2 minutes, flipping back and forth to avoid burning
- Cook until middle is done, and serve warm!
- Optional: top with additional fruit and pure maple syrup!