A few of my favorite things…
Goodness for your soul, goodness for your body…
My morning started off with such positive vibes this morning! Mostly because I took a minute of gratitude to appreciate my surroundings and realized I was embodied by so many of my favorite things, both materialistic and spiritual. The perfect blend of what makes you happy…a little goodness for your soul, a little goodness for your body…
For me this morning, a good handful of these things were featured in the photo I posted on my TIU Instagram (@tiu_shelley). Here’s the breakdown of my little happiness-in-an-Instagram-square:
- Bondi Bands tribal headband (This print is no longer on their website, but you can view all their patterned bands here)
- Victoria Secret’s PINK hot pink tribal print layering racer-back tank
- Under Armor grey yoga crops (not pictured, and I got them a few years ago, so they are no longer available, but you can view all UA crop leggings here)
- Reform Yoga‘s 9am vinyasa flow class
- Nekter Juice Bar‘s Pink Flamingo smoothie (with a Shelley, twist, of course…plain menu items aren’t my thing…sub coconut water for OJ and add a banana).
- Nalgene 32oz narrow-mouth pink water bottle (not pictured)
- TIU yoga mat (not pictured)
What makes YOU happy?!
what’s good for your body is good for your soul + what’s good for your soul is good for your body
I realized that what’s good for my body is good for my soul, and what’s good for my soul is good for my body. It’s so much easier to hold on to hate, to hold on to the past, to hold on to grudges. I hate that! It’s not fair those things take up more space in our beautiful minds than all the wonderful things going on around us. Challenge yourself today – whether it’s for a five second breath count, a minute, a few minutes, or even part of your day….breathe out the bad, breathe in the good. Share more of the beauty, dismiss the ugly. Imagine all the bad thoughts, the resentment, the things pestering you to pop like bubbles each time they try to enter your thoughts. Sweep them out of your mind like dust bunnies!!
I took all that out of my yoga practice this morning. The teacher really struck close to home today. Set your intentions – set your happiness – set the tone for your life. You deserve it, and are in charge of it!
Happy Monday, sweet souls! Xoxo
very postive post! I really needed to read something encouraging today.