I was low on groceries and scrounging through my fridge and cupboards for something healthy, and was on a coconut sugar + cinnamon kick after my healthy french toast recipe yesterday, so came up with these. and holy s&^% so glad I did. New. Fav. Snack.
Make these for yourself, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your dog (kidding, don’t do that – not a supporter of people food to animals).
Make them for a party, your neighbors…like anyone. Why? They cost like, nothing, and will make you look like a bad B in the kitchen.
COCONUT APPLE CRISPS
- One Granny Smith Apple
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- optional: tiny dash of nutmeg or other favorite “crisp” seasonings; i.e.: pumpkin spice, etc.
- Slice apples into “chips”, removing the core and seeds
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients
- Set a medium-sized pan to low-medium heat
- Coat sliced apples in dry mixture
- Spray or coat pan with oil of choice
- Add apples one side down to pan and leave about 30-60 seconds, continuing to flip apples constantly so they don’t burn.
- Each time you flip, scrape excess toppings off the pan and re-add to apple top
- Serve and enjoy!
- OPTIONAL – You can also coat all of these in an oven-safe pan and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. You can go softer if you like and enjoy as a bake, but I served these as a crunchy “chip”