Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now
It’s day one post Koru Retreat, my first ever wellness retreat, and I am exhaustedddd but have a full heart and had such a great weekend trying new things and meeting sweet souls. I’ll be dedicating a post to everything Koru, but it wouldn’t have been possible without my two best friends and co-event planner (Sam) and life coach (haha kidding) / sponsor-guru and detail finalizing PIC (Shelby), so thank you both so much for every single thing. Our sponsors and sponsored events were incredible, and each and every small business and company that was apart of our weekend made Koru what it was – nothing shy of amazing.
That being said, this morning I missed my kitchen and my little nugget, so wanted to make him pancakes & fuel my body with something tasty and healthy. Craving chocolate and having leftover bananas, the flavor was obvious – CHOCOLATE.
These were INSANE. DELISH. The perfect hello, Monday, you’re here and won’t kill my vibes brekkie…
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1 scoop chocolate Perfect Fit Protein
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate glazed donut Flavor God
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons original Sealand Birk
- 1 egg (vegan? use 4 tablespoons applesauce or soak the chia seeds prior in water to make them jell-like)
- 1 tablespoon cashews (soaked overnight)
- If you’re a super chocolate fanatic, make these quadruple chocolate by adding 2 tablespoons Better Life carob dark chocolate chips or 60%+ dark chocolate chips
OPTIONAL: Top with sliced bananas
PROTEIN TOPPING: Elli Quark sea salted caramel + 1/2 tablespoon chocolate Flavor God + 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Turn electric skillet to 300 degrees.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until cake-like batter forms. If it’s too chunky, add a little more Birk or coconut milk until scoop able or pourable, but not too runny. (everyone’s blenders yield different results).
- Spray skillet with coconut oil
- Add 1/4 cup scoops to skillet and when batter begins to rise, flip.
- Cook each side about 2 minutes, flipping until center is cooked and sides are lightly browned
- Top with bananas + protein topping if desired and serve!