Clean Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you don’t love chocolate chip cookies, I may have a hard time accepting you’re in fact, a real life human being.
Being a dessert lover, I’m always on the hunt to find or create clean recipes, so I can indulge in my favorite things guilt-free. Is there anything like a warm, gooey “real” chocolate chip cookie? No way. But is there a decent substitute to still get the cookie fix when eating lean, clean, and green? Yes, ma’am!
With that, I hope you indulge in these and love every single bite, because your body will love you too. And a cookie so clean you can eat them for brekkie?!…..yes, please!
Makes about 18-20 cookies depending on size of dough balls rolled
- 1 1/4 cups organic brown rice flour, coconut flour, or other flour substitute (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons organic dried Goji berries (or leave out)
- 1 tablespoon organic dried cranberries (or leave out)
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips or dairy/nut/soy free mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon organic salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 shakes ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1-2 eggs (or sub 1/4 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce per egg)
- 1/3 cup vanilla or plain Greek yogurt (adds to fluffiness; can also replace with 1/3 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 tablespoons pure, organic maple syrup or raw, local honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit
- Mix all dry ingredients in bowl
- In separate bowl, mix moist ingredients
- In large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together until a dough-like consistency is formed
- On large cookie sheet, roll dough into 1-1 1/2″ balls, and place at least 3″ apart
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when poked into middle of cookie and cookies are slightly golden brown
- Let cool for a few minutes, and remove with spatula and place on cooling sheet or plate
Pingback: Healthy Snack Ideas | Sea Shells & Sit Ups
The cookies seem very nice and tasty! I love the recipe! Thanks! Greets, Enfield Town Carpet Cleaners Ltd.
These look super yummy! What kind of flour did you use when you made these?